Friday, November 2, 2007

Bangkok, Thailand!

WE're here! Safe and sound, rested and refreshed after 30 hours or so of travel. U-Shaped pillows are my new best friend.
the trip started with a questionable beginning. our plane in calgary was 'overfuelled' and they couldn't put everyone on it! so we got moved to another flight 2 hours later. it all owrked out, but overfuelled? never heard of it.
It's nice to get back into travel mode. i feel it happening slowly. I worried that I wouldn't meet people, that there wouldn't be any other like minded travellers out there (a usual, but continuously silly worry!)...but right away we met a lovely couple on our plane, ended up on several flights together, into a taxi together, to the Green Room Guest house (the selling point is that the walls are indeed green) where we all stayed last night. Meeting people, looking out for my stuff while not being overly paranoid, talking with hands, crossing the street, opening doors..there is a language of travelling that i'm quickly remembering.

WE got to the guest house at about 2am Thai time, settle din, met on the street for a smoothies and some pad thai. I will never be able to pay 10 dollars for NA Pad Thai ever again. Delicious!

I'm here! Thailand! The adventure has begun!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hiiii!

Must say, I'm looking very forward to any travel pics you might put up soon :)

Best wishes from Ottawa. HM

Franny said...

Ok, I don't know if I accidentally published twice already, but I'm having troubles posting a comment for some reason. At any rate, just wanted to say that Rob and I are thinking of you and excited to follow your journey!
-Franny

Marcia said...

WOW! Jealous of the pad Thai... Glad you made it safe and sound. I'm thinking of you guys here at the park.

Ditto on t he picture request. Can't wait to see your adventures!

Anonymous said...

I'm excited to hear all about your adventures, i'm sure they will be plentiful! Hope you are doing well across the world.

Angela said...

Glad to hear you got there safely! I can't wait for more updates!

Joy said...

yay! you are started. enjoy, and post pics!